Monday 1 October 2012

Here Comes The Bride

A customer recently asked for a HERE♥COMES♥THE♥BRIDE in my wedding signage bunting. It looked so good I thought I'd take a photo of it.



Since uploading this photo to the product page I now get a request for this bunting a few times a week and a product that hardly made any sales is now doing rather well.

I know full well that my photography lets some of my products down and this was a case in point, the reason I didn't sell much was because the photography was rubbish and customers didn't know what they could use it for. I also know full well that without good photos you don't sell your product ... if only I had a professional photographer onhand at all times. I will just have to work my way through my listings improving improving improving. 
I still have so much to learn about the visual nature of selling a product and the need to show customers what they might like.

I'm also spending a lot of my spare (!) time updating the seo on my products. This is a tedious, difficult and time consuming job but I must get it done. I've told the boys that every time I nag them about their homework they must say seo to me, which they are doing and now I know how easy it is to ignore someone telling you to do something you know you should be doing.

2 comments:

  1. Any requests for the next line? ... All fat and wide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so right, good photos are so important. I am clueless about SEO, must get the hang of it....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I like to reply if an email address is given but often they are "no reply" so please don't be offended if I can't reply. Thank you. x