Friday 15 February 2013

Onesie and an Apology

This is really a post for my god-daughter Abi. 

Abi, do you remember that onesie I bought you that you loved so much that you could hardly bear to take off at Christmas? You know the one that your youngest English cousins greeted with disdain? The one that they teased you about? The one they said was the most awful thing they had ever seen and why on earth did you wear it?

Well Abi it's funny how quickly opinions can change. 

A couple of weeks ago Oscar got his final skiing packing list and on it was the requirement for a onesie. They didn't have to have one but Oscar said he ought to and funnily enough Archie asked if he could have one too - how strange when they were so scornful?

So Abi let me share some photos with you. In this photo for some reason Archie is wearing a red curly wig and my spotty boots, I wonder if this is to distract from the green dinosaur suit he is wearing. You will also notice he's not too keen on having his photo taken and is in fact running away.


Which is funny because he wears it all the time so it is quite easy to photograph him although he has deleted some of the photos off my camera in a bid to stop me showing them to you. But as he wears it all the time, even on the trampoline, it was quite easy to get photographic evidence for you.




He doesn't just like it he absolutely loves it and is even going to wear it for a school assembly after half term. So how is that for a complete turnaround? I think they should both write or skype you a full apology because they think they are comfy and warm and snuggly and you were right and they were wrong.

Oscar has a monkey one ... with a tail ... ! He had some friends over the other night and the three of them all sat watching television with their onesies on (even I found this odd I must admit).


So on behalf of my sons Abi please take this as confirmation that you were right and if you would like to smuggly raise your eyebrows whilst murmuring "silly boy cousins" please feel free to do so. x

1 comment:

  1. I have to be honest, I don't really get onesies - but I fear there may be a touch of "Not in my day!" going on here.And then I remember the day-glo plastic bangles and extreme eyeliner I used to wear and the daft colours I dyed my hair ... maybe I'm just getting old!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I like to reply if an email address is given but often they are "no reply" so please don't be offended if I can't reply. Thank you. x