Wednesday 28 March 2012

Easter Egg Competition




Copy
Copy
This was our entry for the primary school Decorated Egg competition. We didn't win .... I say we but of course I mean Archie didn't win. We {ooops I said we again} were very proud of our entry this year but perhaps it's not surprising it wasn't a winner. 

If the judges had looked at The Big Egg Hunt they may perhaps have noticed a slight resemblance to Pandora by Martin Aveling. The judges probably don't like copycats and so quite rightly didn't place it 1st, 2nd or even 3rd. 
It did get a special mention in Assembly and that is good enough for us because we had a lot of fun making it.


Pandora by Martin Aveling

Isn't it amazing?

The reason we resorted to copying was because late on Sunday afternoon we were a little stuck on what to do this year and so I suggested to Archie that he have a look at all the amazing eggs on The Big Egg Hunt website. Of course once he'd seen the dinosaur eye he just wanted to recreate it.

Having looked again at the website I'm even more determined that we go on a little Egg Hunt ourselves to find a few in the Easter holidays and I see that Pandora is near Knightsbridge and Sloane Square so we may just go visit, I wonder what it will look like close up. Perhaps we should take our little one with us in homage to Martin Aveling!

2 comments:

  1. It is incredible, copy or not :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Archie! Incubate that talent and you never know what will emerge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I like to reply if an email address is given but often they are "no reply" so please don't be offended if I can't reply. Thank you. x