Wednesday 13 July 2011

One man's trash is another man's treasure

I never mind having a stint on the bric a brac stall at the village fete because there are often some real gems (also some real tat!). Unfortunately, after the initial setting up of the stall, I had to go over to help in the beer tent and so I missed out on the "I'll just put this to one side" but I did manage to come home with a few things.

I love this little yellow dish - perfect for putting freshly laid eggs into. {Although Ed has yet to realise they are not hard boiled ones!}



I seem to be buying a lot of jelly moulds lately and although this isn't old and is made of plastic it is a good, easy mould and the boys and I are very taken with the idea of choosing between a star, Christmas tree, flower and heart. It produced a beautiful jelly on Sunday! Think it is my 'new' favourite jelly mould.


Now, quite why I bought these I'm not sure but I just thought they looked so lovely and because they hadn't sold at the end of the day there was the danger they might end up in the skip and I couldn't let that happen. They are well loved and well used and we will put them to use again in the summer holidays.


















1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I like to reply if an email address is given but often they are "no reply" so please don't be offended if I can't reply. Thank you. x