Friday 29 July 2011

Summer Holidays - Week 1

Southbank Centre - Beach

Well, we've managed to have a relaxing but action packed week.

  • Got new school uniform. He's got a blazer ... which is very grown-up.
  • Went to see Cars 2. OK I suppose. Boys really loved it, I liked it. {I wanted to see Transformers.}
  • Went to see The Railway Children at Waterloo Station with a real steam train and we were very pleased that Marcus Brigstocke was Mr Perks. We had a lovely day out and loved seeing the beach by the Thames.
  • Friend over for a sleepover.
  • Visit to orthodontist to show him smashed brace and get new impressions done. {Skateboarding incident and yes I was cross.}

If you are anywhere near the Southbank Centre this summer it is well worth strolling along to have a look at the beach huts. If you have any children that LOVE getting wet make sure you take swimmers or a change of clothes so that they can play in the water {I didn't and they were v disappointed}. They even have a roof garden and a beach. It is brilliant.

Southbank Centre




2 comments:

  1. You've started the hols with a bang. Are you going to be able to keep it up until September?
    Looks good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start as we mean to go on ... although not much organised yet for next week. I'd like to go to Go Ape but is that for the boys or me???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I like to reply if an email address is given but often they are "no reply" so please don't be offended if I can't reply. Thank you. x