Wednesday 21 September 2011

Quince

We've got masses of beautiful quince this year. They are so gorgeous on the tree looking like jewels hanging in the green foliage.



Inspired by The Quince Tree {well who else really} I decided to try making some quince cheese, even though I've tried it before and it was .... ummm ... interesting.

This sounded relatively easy though so how could I go wrong {with my cooking skills - easily}. First I boiled my quince.


Then I all I had to do was make it into a paste, which I thought I'd done OK until I started stirring it and realised it was a bit lumpy - ooops.


So now I have to leave it for a bit.




I'm hoping it will do justice to the quince and be edible?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Sue, glad you think it looks OK. I used your link to the Portuguese recipe so fingers crossed it will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it will be lovely. I spend a fortune on that in Waitrose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to have a quince tree! I'm sure your 'cheese' will be fine ... enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I like to reply if an email address is given but often they are "no reply" so please don't be offended if I can't reply. Thank you. x